Monday, August 6, 2012

2012–2013 Homeschool Curriculum


2012-2013 Homeschool Curriculum

July 2012 015

BIBLE
MATH
  • Math U See – We used MUS in Kindergarten and are returning to it this year with high hopes.
  • Life of Fred – Such a fun, different way to learn math concepts. The plan presently is to use LoF on Fridays. (My kids already choose to read LoF in their free time, so I think it will work as a fun addition to out curriculum.)
LANGUAGE ARTS
READING

Most of our read alouds will come from Ambleside Online.
We are starting with the following:
  • Bible
Middle Child:
Oldest Child:
HISTORY
We will be using the books mentioned above plus others as the year moves along. Activities, narration, and updating our time line will also be included.

SCIENCE
Science extras…
ART
MUSIC
SPANISH

We live in a Spanish speaking country so my kids get lots of Spanish practice in daily life.

HEALTH
  • Finish Building Better Bodies
So, what are your homeschool plans this year?

Not Back to School Blog Hop

4 comments:

Mrs Caroline Erickson said...

We're using Sonlight as our core  (History, Bible, Science, Readers & Reading).  We are also using "Do you Doodle?" , "How to Teach art to Children"  and Singapore Math.  We started already because if I'm not doing school with Nina, I'm not disciplined enough to sit down and spend time with her. Riley joins us for the stories, but he's more interested in studying the interaction of (toy) trucks and dirt.

MissionalMama said...

Sonlight is a great program as well as the other things you have chosen. I think you will have a great year!  Be sure and let me know if I can help in any way!  Enjoy!

Sarah @ My Joy-Filled Life said...

If you are interested in connecting with other Apologia
users, check out the Apologia Blog Roll that I host here: 


 


http://myjoy-filledlife.blogspot.com/2012/07/apologia-blog-role-2012-2013.html


 


Blessings!
 

Cassandra Land said...

Your homeschool plan definitely makes me want to go back to school! ;)  If we ever have kids, homeschooling will probably be more fun for me than them... haha.