2012-2013 Homeschool Curriculum
- NIrV Discoverer's Bible for Young Readers – The larger print makes it easier for little eyes to read! We will continue reading chapters of scripture and discussing them.
- The Westminster Shorter Catechism questions out of the New England Primer. I downloaded one volume of The Westminster Catechism Songs as well.
- Who Is God? (And Can I Really Know Him?)
- We will also be memorizing scripture and learning a hymn each month.
- Math U See – We used MUS in Kindergarten and are returning to it this year with high hopes.
- Life of Fred – Such a fun, different way to learn math concepts. The plan presently is to use LoF on Fridays. (My kids already choose to read LoF in their free time, so I think it will work as a fun addition to out curriculum.)
- Explode the Code (as needed)
- All About Spelling (I also have Spelling Workout to use as desired.)
- Easy Grammar and First Language Lessons for the Well Trained Mind
- WriteShop and The Creative Writer: Level One: Five Finger Exercises
- A Reason for Handwriting
- Copywork and Dictation
- Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons (youngest)
Most of our read alouds will come from Ambleside Online.
We are starting with the following:
- Robinson Crusoe
- The Age of Fable
- Plutarch: Life of Pericles
- Poetry: Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Readings from Ambleside Online (oldest) starting with This Country of Ours, Trial and Triumph and Poor Richard and (middle) starting with Trial and Triumph, An Island Story, and The Little Duke.
- Minn of the Mississippi with the Geography maps.
- Readings from Ambleside Online (oldest) starting with Madame How and Lady (middle) starting with Burgess Animal Book.
- Exploring Creation with Anatomy and Physiology plus notebooking journal.
- The Story of Science: Aristotle Leads the Way (just with my oldest)
- Picture and artist study
- How to Teach Art to Children
- Color the Classics
- Composer Study and learning folk songs
We live in a Spanish speaking country so my kids get lots of Spanish practice in daily life.
- Finish Building Better Bodies